Here are some of my most anticipated releases of 2016 in order of publication
- All The Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders (January 26th 2016 from Tor Books) Sounds like Hogwarts meets NASA to me. Of course I want to read it 😉
- The Alchemy of Chaos by Marshall Ryan Maresca (February 2nd 2016 from DAW ) This is the second book in the Maradaine series which follows Veranix a magic student, fighting crimes. I really enjoyed the first book, The Thorn of Dentonhill and I can’t wait for the sequel. I already pre-ordered it !
- Morning Star by Pierce Brown (February 9th 2016 from Del Rey/Hodderscape) If you have read my review of Golden Son, you’ll know that I can’t wait for the sequel.;) If someone could lend me a TARDIS I will be forever grateful !
- United States of Japan by Peter Tieryas (March 1st 2016 from Angry Robot This is an alternate history book set in a world were the Axis won WWII and the Empire of Japan rules the western states of the USA. If I remember correctly it also has something to do with a video game. Yes I know, this is the vaguest synopsis ever but I usually like to go blind into books 😉
Arkwright by Allen Steele (March 1st 2016 from Tor Books) This book has no synopsis on Goodreads but I believe that it is about Nathan Arkwright, an author who thinks that humans cannot survive on Earth anymore and creates a human colony of a Earth-like planet light-years away. It sounds pretty awesome.
- The Last Mortal Bond by Brian Staveley (March 15th 2016 from Tor Books)
WANT. This is on my Top 3 of “I need it right now”. TARDIS please ?
- The Winged Histories by Sofia Samatar (March 15th 2016 from Small Beer Press)
Not gonna lie here, I know next to nothing about the book or the author but two of my favorite booktubers, Rachel from Kalanadi and Thomas from SFF180 (he also have a blog) were very enthusiastic about it and I totally trust their opinions. Let’s have a look at the Goodreads synopsis : “Four women, soldier, scholar, poet, and socialite, are caught up on different sides of a violent rebellion. As war erupts and their families are torn apart, they fear they may disappear into the unwritten pages of history. Using the sword and the pen, the body and the voice, they struggle not just to survive, but to make history.” It is pretty vague but it does sounds really interesting.
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (April 26th 2016 from Scholastic) First of, this cover is the most beautiful thing ever. This the final book in the Raven Cycle. I have yet to read the thrid one, Blue Lily Lily Blue, but I am still going to pre-order this one because I just finished The Dream Thieves and it was very good !
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel (April 26th 2016 from Del Rey)
Again, I don’t know much about this one but a lot of people compared it to The Martian by Andy Weir. Also it follows a female physicist and I can’t read enough books that are both compared to the Martian and follows a female scientist. WANT.
The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh May 3rd 2016 by Penguin
I read The Wrath and the Dawn in July and I did not expect much from it because I am tired of really hyped up YA books. However some people I trust read it and enjoyed it a lot so I decided to try it. And I loved it. I have to admit, this is not the best YA book ever and some parts were on the cheesy side, but I still need to know what is going to happen. And also, the cliffhanger at the end ? I am going to read The Rose and the Dagger as soon as I can !
- Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay (May 10th 2016 from NAL)
I never read a Guy Gavriel Kay novel and I feel that I should probably change that. I don’t know exactly what it’s about but I still want to read it. I know that it’s not very logic but what can you do ? 😛
- Too Like the Lightning Ada Palmer May 10th 2016 by Tor Books
It is the first book in what is supposed to be a “political SF epic” quartet. WANT.
- An Import of Intrigue also by Marshall Ryan Maresca (probably coming out in July 2016). This is the sequel to Murder of Mages set in the same world as the Maradaine series and I also really enjoyed the first book in this companion series.
- The Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin August 16th 2016 by Orbit This is the second book in the Broken Earth Trilogy. I read the Fifth Season as soon as it was released and I loved it. I will probably pre-order this one too because you can’t have too much of Jemisin’s books in your life.
- Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas (probably in the first week of September 2016 from Bloomsbury) This book doesn’t have a cover yet but it is probably going to be awesome. This book series isn’t the best but I can’t help but love it. 😛
- Everfair by Nisi Shawl September 6th 2016 by Tor Books
It is an alternate history steampunk fantasy book. If such a specific genre exist. It follows the consequences Congo’s colonization by Belgium if the native population had discovered steam technology earlier. This idea sounds awesome and I am very intrigued about this book.
Voila. Those are some of my most anticipated releases! It was very difficult to choose because lots of things sounds awesome !
What about you ? What are your most anticipated releases of 2016 ?