January was pretty busy and so was February, I had my first internship last month and when it ended I had to manage a week-long event by a student organization I’m part of , and, because of that my reading at the end of the month wasn’t great. The fact that I watched way too many korean dramas episodes probably didn’t help because really, I don’t think I actually read anything the last week of February! 😛
However, I read a couple of good books and I am back in the “reading mood” so I am still happy with this month!
- The Fortress at the End of Time by Joe McDermott ★★★★
- The Tempest by William Shakespeare ★★★
- Miranda and Caliban by Jacqueline Carey ★★★ 1/2
- The Long List Anthology Vol. 1 ed. David Steffen ★★★★
- Binti: Home by Nnedi Okorafor ★★★
- Uncanny Magazine Issue 114, January/February 2017 ★★★
- Culottées by Pénélope Bagieu (a french graphic novel) ★★★★
- Abbadon’s Gate by James S.A. Corey ★★★
I am very behind of reviews (as always) so a few reviews of books I read in February are going to be posted later this month ( I just need to edit them a bit, they are pretty much just word-vomit for now).
Favorite Read of the month
I posted my review of this book a few days ago and eventhough it has been receiving very mixed reviews lately (average rating of 3.06 on GR), I think that this novel deserves more attention. Yes it’s depressing but I am fairly certain it is going to be very different to the SF you are used to and if you want to try something different, think about this.
No DNF for me this month, I’m happy with everything I read! 🙂
Currently Reading & TBR
I already finished three things in March, Miniatures by Jogn Scalzi, Luna: Wolf Moon by Ian McDonald and PS: I like you by Kasie West. I picked back up Aurora by KSR that I had to put down in November because it was way too depressing at the time and I am also 20% in The Wall of Storms by Ken Liu so you should expect reviews of those soon(ish).