So it’s apparently already March and I still feel like the year just started! It’s probably because I was on a college break, time always flies when I’m on vacation!
Speaking of vacation, I went to Tenerife for a week with my family and I had a great time. I just love the Canary Islands, I went to Lanzarote last year and I fell in love with the landscapes.
Here are a couple of pictures of my trip! (sorry for the questionable quality, I’m not a great photographer and I took all the pictures with my phone)
February was a good reading month for me, I read seven things and I surprisingly managed to stick to my TBR. I have not posted that many reviews this month but I’ve written a couple that will be posted later this month. For once, I tried to prepare in advance for the end of my break. Usually, I read and post a lot when I’m free and that I’m MIA for weeks because I’m drowning in my school work. I know planning posts in advance is common practice for everyone but I’m just starting to realize how useful it is (yes, I’ve been blogging for three years but hey, better late than never!).
Also the blog has reached 200 followers so thanks a lot! I never thought that many people would be interested by my bookish ramblings. You’re the best!
Books Read in February
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden ★★★ 1/2 (review to come)
- Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse ★★★★ (review to come)
- The Outcast Hours edited by Mahvesh Murad & Jared Shurin ★★★ 1/2
- Winter by Ali Smith ★★★ 1/2
- Interzone #271 ★★★ 1/2
- The Dollmaker by Nina Allan ★★★★ (review to come in April)
- Clarkesworld Issue #147
- Short Fiction Sunday: January Highlights
- The Outcast Hours edited by Mahvesh Murad and Jared Shurin
- The Quantum Magician by Derek Künsken
I am currently reading Dune by Frank Herbert and I am enjoying it but I’m listening to it and, for some reason, I cannot listen to audiobooks for more than fifteen minutes without falling asleep so I’ll probably finish this one in May…
Anyway, the other books on my tentative TBR are:
- The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
- Europe at Dawn by Dave Hutchinson
- Before Mars by Emma Newman
- New Suns: Original Speculative Fiction by People of Color edited by Nisi Shawl
- Embers of War by Gareth L. Powell
- String City by Graham Edwards
- Apex Magazine January 2019
- Clarkesworld #149
- Uncanny Magazine January-February 2019
What was your favorite reads of the month? What are you looking forward to in March? 🙂